Our full list of objectives is as follows:
- Consistently with its ecological values, to encourage, promote, protect, maintain and foster the natural, historic and cultural values of the Pāuatahanui Inlet.
- To promote recognition locally, regionally, nationally and internationally of the ecological values and standing of the Inlet.
- To educate all persons, corporations, organisations, governments and their agencies in the values set out in Rule 3 (a) & (b).
- To represent all members of the Society and the views and interests of the citizens of the region in matters affecting the Inlet.
- To publish such materials, cause appearances and representations to be made in any forum or circumstance and to hold such conferences, forums and huis as required for the promotion of any of the Society’s objectives.
- To carry out research, surveys, and investigations of all kinds which may be considered in any way of benefit or use to the Society or its members in furthering the objects of the society hereinbefore set out.
- To work with or support any other person or group, whether incorporated or not, with similar objects, for the benefit of the Pāuatahanui Inlet (or any other part of New Zealand when matters of practice or law or statute are viewed by the Management Committee as a precedent affecting the Inlet).
- To consult with the communities around the Inlet and to provide opportunities for the public to share in celebrating and caring for the Inlet.
- Generally to do all such other things as may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them or any part of any of them.